Friday, February 25, 2011

2/25/2011: Weaponized Animals and More!

Okay, although the title of this post sounds like the name of a really dangerous department store, I wanted to make sure that everyone had access to the slide presentation that we've been referencing during our discussion of We3. There, you'll find some other example of cyborg animals in art, some key quotes about animal studies, and the sections on rhizomes and becoming-animal from Deleuze and Guattari's A Thousand Plateaus from which we read in class today.


And just because I mentioned it in class, here is a link to the webcomic that literally mocked my ideas about the relationship between the multi-linearity of rhizomes and the visuality of comics. C'mon... you guys were with me on this! (He drew me as a bald professor-type, though. It's like looking into the future...) Also, I am the person who was asked the question about "postmodern narrative theory"... but it was actually the Harry Potter guy who asked the question, not the Pikachu sitting next to him. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up:


See everyone next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment